(A) Ingredients (20 dumplings):
Organic Sweet brown rice 1 kg (wash & soak overnight, drain)
Chestnut 150g (cook in boiling water for 1/2 hr & cook for 2hrs)
Kidney beans 40g (wash & cook till soften)
Black eye pea 100g (wash & soak for 1 hr)
Mushroom 80g (cut into pieces & season with a little light soy sauce)
Pumpkin 400g (cut into pieces)
Yam 400g (cut into pieces)
Dumpling leaves 400g (wash & wipe)
Mushroom stalks 40pcs (soak till soften, then tear into shreds)
Soy textured protein 60g
Black soy sauce 40ml
Brown sugar season according to taste
Seasalt season according to taste
Coriander powder season according to taste
5 spices powder season according to taste
Cooking oil a little
1) Marinate the soy protein and the shredded mushroom stalk with seasoning listed in (B).
2) Heat up a wok with cooking oil and fry the seasoned items over medium heat till fragrant. Dish up & set aside.
3) Heat up some oil and add the sweet rice, black eye peas with dark soy sauce, salt and fry thoroughly.
4) Use 2 leaves for each dumpling – 1 tbsp of rice, fill it with kidney beans, mushroom, soy protein, chestnuts, pumpkin, yam and another 2 tbsp of rice. Fold up the leaf ends and tighten with string.
5) Cook in boiling water over low fire for 2 hours, turn the dumpling and continue cooking for another 1 – 1½ hours.