Natural (undistilled) Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) can really be called one of nature’s most perfect foods* (*The best is organic, raw, unfiltered, unpasteurised Apple Cider Vinegar available in Health Stores.) ACV is made from freshly crushed organic apples and then allowed to mature. Natural ACV should be a rich brownish colour and if held to the light you might see a tiny formation of co-web like substances which we call the “mother”. The more matured the ACV, some “mother” will show in the bottom of the bottle. When you smell the natural ACV there should be a pungent odour and some are so natural and ripened they pucker your mouth.
Apples are powerful nutritional foods
They are a good source of potassium. Potassium is the mineral of youthfulness. It puts toxic poisons in solution so that they can be flushed out of the body. It is the “artery softener”, keeping the arteries of the body flexible and resilient. It is a fighter of dangerous bacterial and viruses. Potassium is the key mineral in the constellation of minerals and is important to the life of every living thing.
Deficiency in Potassium
Most humans are deficient in potassium. Millions living in today’s civilisation and eating the commercialised processed foods available have a potassium deficiency look. The skin and muscle tone is bad. The flesh does not cling firm on the body’s boneyframe work. Lines and wrinkles fill the face and neck and flabby skin hangs over the eyes. The longer the potassium deficiency continues, this prolapsing eyelid progresses. Most people attribute physical changes in the skin and muscle tone due to their age.
You must have potassium to build and maintain youthful ageless tissues. Potassium deficiency can cause premature aging and degeneration of body cells. The two great enemies of life are toxic poisons (found in food, air, water and soil) and nutritional deficiencies caused by improper diet and unhealthy foods.
Potassium deficiency can stunt growth
Mentally retarded children and adults suffer from potassium deficiency. Some experiments were conducted on mentally retarded children and senile people. After following the Bragg’s Healthy Lifestyle with healthy food rich in potassium and ACV cocktails (1 teaspoon ACV with 1 teaspoon honey), they went back to normal life.
Most senile people suffer from a clogged arterial system
The potassium goes into the clogged, caked arteries and cleans out the rust and dirt… just like vinegar water removes grime from window. Potassium can be called the detergent of the arteries. One of the functions of potassium is to keep tissues healthy, soft and pliable in man and animals.
Body signs of potassium deficiency
- Aches and pains in the bones and muscles, especially in lower back.
- Shooting pains when a person starts to straighten up after leaning over.
- Dizziness upon straightening up after leaning up.
- A dull morning headache upon arising.
- The body feels heavy and it’s an effort to move rapidly.
- The hair is dull, faded looking, lacks lustre and sheen.
- The scalp is itchy and dandruff and premature hair-thinning or balding may occur.
- The hair is unmanageable, mats up and often looks like straw. Sometimes it is extremely dry and other times it feels like it’s oil soaked.
- The eyes itch and feel sore. Sometimes the eyelids are granulated and white matter collects at the corners. At other times the eyes are bloodshot and watery.
- The eyes tire easily and will not focus as they should.
- There is a lost of mental alertness, making decisions difficult to make. The memory seems to fail, making you forget names and places that should be at the tip of your tongue. You become very forgetful.
- You tire physically and mentally with the slightes effort.
- You become impatient and sometimes very irritable with your family and loved ones and even with your business and social acquaintances.
- You feel nervous and have periods of depression and mental fog. You have difficulty getting things done, due to mental and muscle fatigue. The slightest effort sometimes leaves you shaking and trembling.
- At times the hands and the feet get chilled and cold, even in warm weather.
Uses of ACV
ACV can be used by overweight people to reduce weight, by taking ACV plus a healthy vegetarian diet and exercise. It can also be used to combat underweight. The underweight person is usually deficient in powerful natural enzymes. ACV helps to normalise body weight up or down as needed.
ACV Body Purification
Add 1 teaspoon ACV to 6 ozs of tomato or fresh vegetable juice (carrots + greens) and drink between meals once or twice daily. ACV also aids in the elimination of toxic wastes from the organs.
ACV can relief headaches
In a small pan put 2 tablespoons of ACV and 1 cup distilled water. Bring mixture to boil. When fumes begin to rise, turn heat off, put a towel over your head and lean forward over fumes, taking ten deep breaths of the ACV and water mixture.
ACV for sunburns
Lightly pat the skin with ACV to relieve sting and burning and leave it on. This will give prompt relief. For all over sunburns, pour one to two cups of ACV in cool bath water, then enjoy the healing, soothing soak. After soak pat on straight ACV to needed areas, then pat on aloe vera gel and leave on overnight. For serious burns, consult your doctor.
Combating sore throat and laryngitis
To fight throat germs – ACV gargle mixture works miracles (1 tablespoon to 1/2 glass of cold/warm water). Three mouthfuls of the mixture is gargled each hour and then spit out. Do not swallow the gargled mixture. As the throat begins to feel better, extend gargling to once every three hours.
For normal people, use ACV gargle once or twice weekly to help remove toxins eliminated through the throat tissues. This gargle is also good during fasting.
ACV can also be used for the following:
- For keeping the skin healthy
- Skin blemishes and acne
- Younger looking skin in five minutes with ACV facial
- For itching scalp, dry hair, dandruff, thinning hair and baldness
- Strengthening the heart
- Low-fat meals cut heart disease risk
- Muscle soreness and aching joints
- Improving digestion
- Fight kidney and bladder problems (for bedwetting)
- Combating gallstones
- Fighting arthritis
- Combating mucus conditions
- Combat constipation
- To fight acid crystals which cause premature aging
- Fight Muscle cramps, nosebleeds