Chiu-Nan Lai, Ph.D.
In this modern world, we are fully dependent on electricity, whether in our residence, workplace, or leisure activities. Our environment is permeated with various kinds of invisible electromagnetic waves, from 50Hz (frequency of fifty cycles per second) to 60Hz, to microwaves (frequency of billions of cycles per second) such as that used in broadcast, telecast, mobile phones, and military radars. These are a million times above the natural fields of the earth.
A hundred years ago, the earth’s electromagnet waves were entirely natural, and were restricted to those from the sun, stars, and moon. However, smart scientists such as Edison, Telsta, and others changed all these. After the Second World War, there was a rapid increase in the use of electricity and electromagnetic communication systems. Electrical signals have reached the outer space, and man-made satellites beam radio waves at every surface of the earth every hour to collect data. The number of radio stations and TV stations continue to increase. These days, we can even have our own broadcast stations (in the form of mobile phones)!
What is the impact of artificial electromagnetic waves on humans? Robert Becker, M.D., summarizing many years of research, concludes that artificial electromagnetic waves can lead to abnormalities in living organisms.
During the Second World War, the military found that personnel in charge of radar, their bodies would heat up. They realized then microwave has the ability to generate heat, and this led to the production of microwave ovens for use in the kitchens. Many people may be unaware of their harm. After the Second World War, scientists found that although exposure to low levels of microwaves would not generate heat in animals, but these animals developed cataracts within a short period of exposure (within a few days or a month). This is because the retina is most sensitive to heat.
In 1953, a doctor working in an airplane plant found 75 to 100 workers, with prior exposure to low levels of microwave, had bleeding tendency, leukemia or brain tumors. Other research shows that electromagnetic waves of frequencies up to 27 MHz can cause the chromosomes in garlic seedlings to undergo abnormal changes. In 1983, the US FDA’s research showed that microwave exposure could harm the sperm production of rats. Male rats with half-an-hour non-thermal microwave exposure for two weeks had their sperm production reduced and their chromosomes altered. When they mated with female rats that had no prior microwave exposure, the incidence of miscarriage greatly increased.
Between 1953 to 1977, the American embassy in Russia had microwave interference of about 5 mW/cm2 that was 0.05% of the level allowed by the US military. Of the three ambassadors staying at the embassy during this period, two died of cancer, and one of leukemia. The staff working at the embassy had abnormal levels of eye and skin infections, and suffered from depressions, irritations, lack of appetite, and attention deficit. Their children had anemia, heart problems, and infections of the respiratory and ears.
The genetic impact of microwaves can be seen from another example. Vernon, a small city in New Jersey, has a population of 25,000 people, but it has so many microwave stations that it ranks fifth in the entire USA, after New York, Chicago, Dallas, and San Francisco. The proportion of mentally retarded children there is 1000 times that of the national average. In a 1985 report (Ruey Lin), it was pointed out that naval radar officers were more likely to contract brain tumors than those that were not exposed to microwave. Two cancer doctors, Margaret Spitz and Christine Cole, found that children, whose parents were exposed to electronics at work, were more likely than others to have brain tumors before the age of two. They also found that exposure to everyday AC electricity caused harm to sperms and chromosomes.
In a 1983 report, Dr. Nordstrom from Sweden found that workers in a high-pressure cable car factory were more likely to have deformed children than others, and their white blood cells and chromosomes were also abnormal.
In summarizing fifty years of research materials, Dr. Becker concludes that various kinds of electromagnetic waves can have seven effects on humans and living organisms:
- Influence cell growth, e.g., increase the growth of cancer cells.
- Increase the incidence of certain types of cancer occurrences.
- Induce change in fetal growth.
- Change neural and chemical hormonal secretions and production in the body, which may lead to behavioral changes such as suicidal tendencies.
- Change the biological rhythm of living organisms.
- Modify the body’s reaction to stress, and lead to deterioration in immune system; and
- Reduce learning ability.
The following are measures to prevent or respond to the threat of electromagnetic waves:
- There are up to 8 kinds of electromagnetic waves emitted by television and computers, including microwaves and X-rays. Other than reducing contact with these sources (e.g., television), careful selection of computers can help. For example, choose computers that meet TCO standards set in Sweden. Install a screen on the monitor that filters both low and high frequency emissions. Cover the computer casing using copper sheets. When using the computer, it is best to wear natural fabrics like cotton and wool, or wear fabrics with peatmoss. This has the ability to protect one’s life force, and effectively prevent harm from electromagnetic waves, particularly when it is wrapped in layers with organic fabric and placed on the three chakra points located on the head, on the third eye, and below the naval.
Several researchers have found that electricity causes the greatest harm to the brain, but they did not know why. I have discovered from my experience and observation that electromagnetic waves interfere with the crown chakra and the third eye chakra. These chakras can be protected by products containing peatmoss. In addition, it is helpful to harmonize one’s “qi” to recover. For details, please refer to the November 2000 issue of “Lapis Lazuli Light Magazine” (or July 2001 issue of “Lapis News”.
- Mobile phones are the source of microwaves and electromagnetic waves, with frequencies exceeding that of computers and high-density cables. A mobile phone placed on the ear will expose the body to microwaves of more than 100mW per square centimeter. At 5 feet, there is exposure of a 1mW/cm2, which is a hundred times the safety limit set by Russia. When I walk on the street and see people using mobile phones, I feel sad for humanity and their descendants. Do you want to pay for convenience with your life? Mobile phones are best used in emergency, and not for everyday use. In particular, do not use mobile phones next to a child. Again, “qi” harmonization will also help.
- Choose a diet that strengthens and heals the body. This kind of food includes green vegetable juices, carrot juice, naturally pickled vegetables, wheat grass, organic food, Vitamin C (with bioflavonoids-orange and lemon skins are rich in these), and seaweed (take a few helpings a week). Exercising out of doors on a regular basis to discharge static electricity in the body. When doing so, it is best to wear straw sandals or cloth shoes. At night, avoid using the computer, watch television, or use the mobile phone. This is because it will be hard to go out to discharge static electricity at night. Another reason is that one’s “qi” is weaker at night, and be harmed more.
In conclusion, we should begin to change our lifestyles, and put priority on our health.
- Becker, Robert O. “Cross Currents”.
G.P. Putnam’s Sons. New York, 1990.
- Hall, Alan. “Water, Electricity and Health.”
Hawthorn Press, 1997
- Bentham, Peggy. “VDU Terminal Sickness”
Jon Carpenter Publishing, 1992